CyBox is a place where you can store and share files for your own use, and share with others at ISU, or with collaborators anywhere in the world.
- It's FREE! 100GB for students, faculty, and staff.
- Simple sign-on with your Net-ID and password (off-campus collaborators use their box credentials to sign on).
- Anywhere access, including mobile devices.
- Meets all University standards for security and privacy including HIPAA.
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook and Office programs.
- Keep your account for life (for students), even after you leave Iowa State.
To create or access your CyBox account, go to https://iastate.box.com and log in with your Net-ID and password. Note: cookies must be enabled to log in.
You can contact the Solution Center with any support related questions. If the problem needs to be escalated, Solution Center staff will work directly with Box.com on behalf of ISU.
Can I use CyBox to store sensitive data covered by laws and standards (HIPAA, FERPA, EAR, ITAR, PCI, etc.)?
CyBox provides robust security for sensitive university data. However, due to federal, state, and university policies and standards, please observe the following guidelines:
You May Store on CyBox
- Student Education Records (protected by FERPA)
- Private Personal Information (PPI)
- Sensitive Institutional Data
- Sensitive Identifiable Human Subject Research (as long as the storage location is specified in your IRB proposal).
DO NOT Store on CyBox
- Export Controlled Research (EAR and ITAR)
- PCI information (credit card numbers)
- Protected Health Information (HIPAA) *
- Social Security numbers *
* In future updates, it may be possible to safely store these types of items on CyBox. Check this page for updates.
If you have any questions about the security of your documents on CyBox or anywhere at Iowa State, contact .
Faculty & Staff
If you are a faculty or staff member, your CyBox account will be disabled within a day or two after you leave employment at the University. The data will remain for up to six months before your account is completely deleted, at which time all of your data will be unrecoverable. Please back up any data you need before leaving the University by copying your data to a personal external hard drive, personal Box account, or to another cloud service.
If you are a student, you can keep your CyBox account for life. To do this, log in to your CyBox account and set a secondary, non-ISU email address. The semester following graduation, we will automatically change your account to log in with your non-ISU email address. At that time you will receive an email at your secondary email address with instructions on how to access your account. However, if you do not set a secondary email address, your account will be deactivated and deleted upon your departure from the University, so be sure to set your secondary email account using the instructions below:
- Login to CyBox.
- Click the "gear" in the top right corner next to your name.
- Click Account Settings.
- Under the heading "Login and Email Addresses", select Add more emails.
- Enter your non-ISU email address into the box that appears.
- Click Save.
Note: If you already have another Box account set up with this email address you will receive an error and need to choose a separate email address.
If you have any questions, please contact the Solution Center at 515-294-4000, , or stop by in person in 195 Durham Center.
How can I get data from my Box account if it is disabled but the account has not been completely deleted?
You can contact the Solution Center and we can work with Box to get your data copied to a writable media. You need to be personally present in order to receive your data from the Solution Center; personal identification will be required. If you are faculty or staff, your previous department of employment will need to sign off on this request.