Computation Advisory Committee
Iowa State University Computation Advisory Committee (CAC) oversees expenditures of the student technology fee.
CAC advises the Provost on policies related to the collection, distribution, and use of Student Technology Fees.
Mission / function statement of CAC (approved October 6, 2005):
- To advise and make recommendations to the Provost regarding instructional and research computation at Iowa State University.
- To advise the office of Information Technology Services, ITS, on instructional and research computation services.
- To advise and make recommendations to the Provost regarding the assessment, collection, and appropriate expenditure of the University Student Computer Fee.
- To execute the policies and administrative responsibilities assigned to the Computation Advisory Committee by the Provost.
Faculty and staff are selected to represent each college, IT Services, and the Parks Library. Students are selected to represent each college, Government of the Student Body (GSB), and the Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS). For a list of members and contact information, visit the CAC university committee website.
Ready to submit a proposal?
Submit to Techstarter.
Awarded Proposals and Reports
Policies & Guidelines
- Guidelines for Appropriate Expenditure of Income from the Student Computer Fee (updated 2014 Apr 17)
- Annual Reporting Guidelines and Sample Unit Annual Report (effective with FY12)
- Initiatives Final Report Outline
- Policy Regarding Disposal of Equipment Acquired with Student Computer Fee
- Additional Reference Documents