The Committee on the Advancement of Student Technology for Learning Enhancement - formerly known as Computation Advisory Committee
The Iowa State University Committee on the Advancement of Student Technology for Learning Enhancement (CASTLE) oversees expenditures of the student technology fee.
CASTLE advises the President on policies related to the collection, distribution, and use of Student Technology Fees.
Mission / function statement of CASTLE (approved April 18, 2019):
The mission of the Committee on the Advancement of Student Technology for Learning (CASTLE) is:
- To advise and make recommendations to the President regarding instructional and innovative technology to impact student educational opportunities at Iowa State University.
- To advise the office of Information Technology Services, ITS, on technology priorities for the advancement of educational opportunities and services.
- To advise and make recommendations to the President regarding the assessment, collection, and appropriate expenditure of the University Student Technology Fee.
- To execute the policies and administrative responsibilities assigned to CASTLE by the President.
Faculty and staff are selected to represent each college, IT Services, and the Parks Library. Students are selected to represent each college, Government of the Student Body (GSB), and the Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS). For a list of members and contact information, visit the CASTLE university committee website or read more about the composition of the committee representation .
Ready to submit a proposal?
Submit your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Awarded Proposals and Reports
Policies & Guidelines
- Guidelines for Appropriate Expenditure of Income from the Student Computer Fee (updated 2014 Apr 17)
- Annual Reporting Guidelines and Sample Unit Annual Report (effective with FY12)
- Initiatives Final Report Outline
- Policy Regarding Disposal of Equipment Acquired with Student Computer Fee
- Additional Reference Documents