Follow these steps to reset your Net-ID password. If you forget your password and have not set up a Password Reset Challenge phrase or provided a cell phone number for a text based password reset, you will need to contact the Solution Center.
- Open a web browser and go to https://asw.iastate.edu and log into Account Services.
- Click on "Manage Net-ID".
- Click "Change your Password".
- Enter your current password in the Current Password box, and your new password in the New Password box.
- See disclaimer for passwords requirements.
- Use the grading bar below your new password to gauge its strength.
- Enter the new password in the New Password Again box and click the "Change Password" button when it appears.
- After submitting your new password, set a Password Reset Challenge phrase or a Cell Phone Number for a text-based password reset. If you forget your password, these options will enable you to reset your password without calling for help.
- When you are finished changing your password, click the "Logout" button to exit the system.