ISU students can print from many locations across campus using credits from their PaperCut account. This information is intended to provide you with an overview of how the PaperCut system at ISU works and how you can use your account to print from public printers on campus.
To view your PaperCut balance, go to http://papercut.iastate.edu and log in with your Net-ID and password.
Most labs that use PaperCut will have signs telling you how many units specific printers require for each page. If you do not see a sign, ask the lab monitor. Some labs supported by IT Services display the cost of printing in the computer labs database.
- When you log into a computer in a lab, a small window will appear showing your printing credit balance with PaperCut. Click on the "Details" link to open your PaperCut account in a web browser.
- When you print from a computer lab, the charge will be deducted from your PaperCut balance. Once you have used all of your printing credits, additional charges will be added to your U-Bill.
- To print from a lab, follow the normal procedures, and choose a printer located in the lab you are using from the list of printers.
- Library computers do not require you to log in.
- When you print from a library computer, you will be prompted to sign in with your Net-ID and password. This will enable the printing charges to be billed to your PaperCut account.