Your Net-ID will be the prefix in your ISU email account ([netid]@iastate.edu) and is required to login to campus computers, secure web sites, CyMail for students, and ISU Exchange email for faculty and staff.
To register for your Net-ID, you will need your University ID number (UID). New employees will receive instructions on obtaining their UID in a welcome letter from Human Resources. Students will receive instructions on obtaining their UID from the Office of Admissions upon accepting admission to Iowa State.
- Open a browser and go to https://asw.iastate.edu
- Click on “Need to register for a Net-ID?”
- Enter your first and last name, your University ID and your birth date in the boxes provided and click "Next".
- Enter your Net-ID choice and password, then re-enter your password to verify. If you forget your password, Sections 4 and 5 will allow you to reset it without calling for help.
- In Section 4, Enter a unique question and answer that only you know.
- In Section 5, Enter your text-enabled cell phone number.
- In Section 6, Check the box to accept the terms and conditions for ISU e-mail.
- Click "Register" and your Net-ID will be created.
A confirmation screen should appear indicating that you have successfully registered your Net-ID. You will be able to use your account later that day although all aspects will not be functional until the next day.
If you experience problems registering for a Net-ID, contact the Solution Center for assistance at 294-4000. You will need to have your UID available for the Solution Center to assist you.