Guest Network Access for ISU Visitors
When a visitor opens a web browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, etc.) a website will appear asking the visitor to indicate their affiliation with Iowa State University (if any), their name, email address, and phone number. When the visitor has completed the registration process and re-booted their computer they will be able to access the Internet.
Initial guest access is either 7 days or the length of the event (if selected from the pull down menu). After expiration, visitors will not be able to re-register for guest access for 20 days.
To set up guest access follow these steps:
1. Open a web browser.
2. Enter netreg.iastate.edu into the address bar and press enter if the ISU NetReg page does not automatically appear.
3. Select the specific event you are attending (Special Olympics, Odyssey of the Mind, etc.) if it is listed and select "Register Here" (or) select "Guest Registration Here" if you are not attending a specific event.
4. Enter your local contact information and select "Next".
5. Read the terms and select "I Agree".
6. Reboot your computer when instructed to do so (approximately a one-minute wait) to complete your registration process.
Questions regarding registration for guest access may be directed to the IT Services Solution Center at 515-294-4000.