Inbound Spam Rejection
This service is separate from, and precedes, Outlook (and other email client) Spam Filters. If you would like to reject even more spam using your email client and the PerlMX tags placed on all incoming messages, follow the instructions for your email client on the spam page at http://www.it.iastate.edu/spam/.
All university email accounts will automatically have the new spam rejection applied*. However, if you would like to opt-out of the new spam rejection:
1. Go to https://asw.iastate.edu/ and login with your Net-ID and password.
2. Select "Manage user [username]".
3. Select "View/Edit your e-mail spam blocking opt-in/opt-out settings".
4. Click "Opt Out of Spam Blocking".
* If you have already opted out of greylisting, you will be automatically opted out of spam rejection. To opt back in, follow the above instructions, but in step 4, click "Opt In for Spam Blocking".
To make certain legitimate communications are not disrupted, senders will be notified if their message was rejected.
If you have any further questions about spam and your university email account, please refer to the spam page at http://www.it.iastate.edu/spam/, the spam FAQ at http://www.it.iastate.edu/spam/faq.html, or contact the IT Services Solution Center at 515-294-4000.
You can also view the information that was sent to IT professionals on campus about this new spam rejection implementation.