New Telephone System: More Training Sessions Available
By the end of this week, most campus telephone users will be completely converted to the new telephone system. Whether you're a newbie to the system this week, or a rookie of more than a month of new phone use, the following tips may help:
- Several new training sessions for the new telephone system have been added for this week. IF YOU HAVE SCHEDULED A TRAINING SESSION BUT CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE CANCEL YOUR SESSION (There is a link provided in your initial calendar invitation). If sessions are showing as full, and you were unable to register, keep checking the schedule to see if there have been cancellations.
- Additional resources are available to assist you with setting up your new Aastra telephone. ITS is asking all training attendees to go through both of these documents before attending a training session.
- Updated how to Set Up Your Aastra Telephone and Features
- Quick Reference Guide: Set Up Your Aastra Telephone and Features [PDF]: A print-friendly quick reference guide version of many of the topics in the how to.
- ITS has implemented a simpler login to the Clearspan web portal: phone.iastate.edu.
- Speed Dial. When entering a new speed dial number ON YOUR TELEPHONE SYSTEM (6737i model), "**" will add a space between words (John**Doe).
The following buildings will convert completely to the Aastra system on Wednesday, July 17. If you are in one of these locations, look for important information from your department voice/data coordinator regarding passwords for your voice mail and the Clearspan web portal.
- Ag Farm
- Applied Science (1/2/3)
- BioCentury Research Farm
- Cyclone Sports Complex
- Eaton Hall
- Enrollment Services Center
- Frederickson Court
- Friley Residence Hall
- Helser Residence Hall
- Iowa State University Advancement Center
- ISU Dairy Farm
- ISU Surplus
- Knapp-Storms Dining Complex
- Martin Residence Hall
- Metals Development Building
- Plant Intro 3 Building
- Res Park (1-7, CPMI, and node)
- Schilletter Village (including laundry, community center, and node)
- Spangler Geotechnical Library
- Spedding Hall
- Sukup Basketball Complex
- Union Drive Community Center
- University Village (including daycare and maintenance)
- Veenker Clubhouse
- Wallace Residence Hall
- Wallace-Wilson Commons
- Wilhelm Hall
- Wilson Residence Hall