Multi-Core Processor Training Offered by Intel
Intel is offering a one-day training on how to most effectively use Intel multi-core processors and Intel Phi Co-processors. The training event will be held November 4, 9 AM - 4 PM in 206 Durham. The one-day session, Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor Developer Training, will provide software developers the foundation needed for modernizing their code to take advantage of parallel architectures found in both the Intel Xeon processor and the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor.
The session will cover:
- An overview of parallel programming frameworks and optimization guidelines for multi-core CPUs (Intel Xeon) and many-core coprocessors (Intel Xeon Phi)
- Discussions about three layers of parallelism: SIMD, Threads, Cluster environment
- Tips for quick porting/development of HPC software applications
- Real-life examples of code and optimization techniques
- Hardware solution and corresponding software implementations, APIs, and framework
Register here and use Brad Wheeler as the Intel Contact.