Classroom capture technology allows an instructor to record his or her lectures and presentations and make them available to students via media content sites such as iTunes U, YouTube, and other streaming media services as well as the Blackboard learning management system.
Recorded content can be provided to students through audio files, enhanced podcasts incorporating visuals, or full, rich-media presentations that add a video component. Students can use these recordings to review material presented in the classroom and to prepare for tests and quizzes.
IT Services provides support for classroom capture via the Panopto software system, which has several excellent benefits:
- Ease of use for instructors
- Automatic creation of RSS feeds for both iTunes U and Blackboard Learn
- Ability to record sessions on a laptop or desktop system at any time
- Captures audio, video, and screen display
For more information, watch this Panopto overview video.
- Software may be configured on laptops, desktops, or permanently installed classroom computers.
- A microphone is required and an optional webcam may be used.
There are no charges for the use of the classroom capture system.