Your University Identification Number (University ID) and your Network ID (Net-ID) are the two primary IDs used to access university services including Okta, AccessPlus and Account Services on the Web (ASW).
Your university ID is the bold nine-digit number on the front of your ISUCard.
For questions related to your university ID or your ISUCard, contact the ISUCard Office.
Your Net-ID is your Iowa State e-mail address without "@iastate.edu".
Registering for a Net-ID
- Go to ASW
- Click "Need to register for a Net-ID?" under "Register"
- Sign in using your university ID and follow the onscreen instructions
Note: Contact the Solution Center if you experience a problem registering.
Changing your Net-ID
If you already have a Net-ID but would like to change it, fill out the Net-ID Change Request on ASW.
Resetting your Net-ID Password
- Go to ASW
- Sign in with your Net-ID and password
- Select 'Manage Net-ID'
- Select 'Change Your Password' and follow the onscreen instructions
Note: If you forgot your password and have not set up a password reset challenge phrase or provided a cell number for a text-based password reset, you must contact the Solution Center to reset your Net-ID password.
Leaving Iowa State
Students: When you graduate or leave Iowa State your Net-ID remains active for one semester. After this, your Net-ID is in suspension for another semester before it expires. An e-mail is sent to notify you when your Net-ID is about to be suspended.
Faculty & Staff: When you leave Iowa State your Net-ID is suspended following your last day of work. An e-mail is sent to notify you when your Net-ID is about to be suspended.
Once your Net-ID is suspended, you will no longer be able to:
- Sign in to Iowa State services
- Use authenticated services
- Save new files in online file space
AccessPlus is your portal to the university.
Signing in to AccessPlus
The first time you sign in:
Students: Use your university ID and temporary password provided to you in your admission letter.
Faculty member and P&S employee: To sign into AccessPlus use the electronic letter of intent system (ELOI).
Merit staff member: Use the university ID provided by your supervisor.
For subsequent sign-ins:
All students, faculty, and staff: Use your university ID and password that you set up the first time you signed in.
Resetting your AccessPlus password
If you know your current AccessPlus password:
- Go to AccessPlus
- Sign in with your university ID and password
- Select Password Admin in the left column
- Fill out the following required fields
- Select Submit
If you forget your current password:
- Go to AccessPlus
- Select 'Forgot Your Password'
- Answer your secret question, and a temporary AccessPlus password will be sent to the e-mail address associated with your account
- Sign in with the temporary password that was sent to your e-mail, and follow the prompts to change your AccessPlus password
Note: If you did not set up a secret question, bring a photo ID to the Solution Center to reset your password.
If you are locked out of AccessPlus:
You can reset your password by visiting the Solution Center and presenting a photo ID.
Account Services on the Web (ASW)
To log in: