ITS has joined the InCommon Certificate Service in order to provide digital certificates for Iowa State University. InCommon has contracted with Comodo, a major commercial supplier, to be the issuing authority. InCommon is the registration authority and the service and interfaces are tailored to higher education needs.
- If you want a standard SSL certificate, visit https://asw.iastate.edu/cgi-bin/acropolis/request.
- If your software requires a specialized certificate (e.g. subject alternative name), refer to Obtain a Digital Certificate.
- If you are a departmental or organizational IT representative, we recommend reviewing the technical documentation in Obtain a Digital Certificate.
ITS is able to issue:
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates
- Single or multi-year certificates
- SAN (Subject Alternative Name) certificates
- Wild-card certificates
- EV (Extended Validation) certificates
- Code Signing certificates
- Personal or Client certificates
The university pays a fixed annual fee that is not dependent on the number of certificates issued. There is no charge for individual certificates.