Media equipment, partially funded by Student Government (SG), and laptop computers (funded by CAC) are available for currently enrolled ISU students to borrow at no charge. There are also many media enhanced classrooms with equipment permanently installed.
Student equipment includes:
|Mac and Dell PCs are available. Call 515-294-4000 for specific models.|
|Mini DV digital camcorders, HD camcorders, and LCD video projectors|
|Digital still SLR and compact cameras with zoom lenses|
|100 watt TOA PA systems, Anchor wireless PA (AC/DC), Microphones (wireless and wired), Mic mixers|
- Significant late fees ($50-$200) are assessed for equipment returned past due.
- There is no grace period for equipment that is returned late.
- Laptop checkout is available at the Circulation Desk, 102 Parks Library.
- To reserve equipment other than laptops, please visit the IT Solution Center at 192 Parks Library, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (515) 294-4000.
- An ISUCard is required for checkout.
- Equipment and laptops may be checked out for up to five working days.
- Equipment use is free if it is returned on time.
- Student equipment is partially funded by ISU's Student Government (SG), and the Computer Advisory Committee (CAC).
SG and IT Services media equipment is loaned at the user's risk. IT Services does not guarantee results and assumes no liability of any kind for video or audio tapes, 35mm film, or processing costs. IT Services will not be responsible for batteries, film, slides, video or audio tapes, or personal property left inside equipment or cases.