Media equipment (partially funded by GSB) and laptop computers (funded by CAC) are available for currently enrolled ISU students to borrow at no charge. There are also many media enhanced classrooms with equipment permanently installed.
Student equipment includes:
|Mac and Dell PCs are available. Call 515-294-8026 for specific models.|
|Digital camcorders, HD Camcorders, VHS camcorders, VHS players, Video light kits, International video players [PAL/SECAM], Video projectors, DVD players|
|Digital still SLR and compact cameras with zoom lenses and software|
|Canon 35mm SLR models|
|All lenses are Canon FD mount. 28mm and 35mm wide angle lenses, fish-eye lens with adapter rings, 50mm macro lenses 35-105mm zoom lenses, 55-250 EF zoom lenses, 75-300 EF zoom lenses, 70-210mm zoom lenses, 135mm and 300mm telephoto lenses, Filter sets, diopters, flashes, Tripods and tripod carry bags|
|100 watt TOA PA systems, Lecternette [podium PA], Cassette / PA, Anchor wireless PA [AC/DC], Microphones [wireless and wired], Mic mixers|
- Significant late fees ($50-$200) are assessed for equipment returned past due.
- There is no grace period for equipment that is returned late.
- Equipment may be checked out Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (3:50 p.m. during the summer). Equipment may be returned through 5:00 p.m. (4:00 p.m. during the summer). Closed weekends.
- Equipment may be reserved in advance, and must be done in person at the IT Services counter in the main lobby of the Communications Building. Contact Classroom Services for additional information on the reservation policy.
- An ISUCard is required for checkout.
- Equipment and laptops may be checked out for up to five working days.
- Equipment use is free if it is returned on time.
- Graduate students who need to borrow equipment for classes they are teaching need to complete a Graduate Teaching Assistant Authorization Form. They can then check out Equipment for Faculty & Staff.
- Student equipment is partially funded by ISU's Government of the Student Body (GSB), and the Computer Advisory Committee (CAC).
GSB and IT Services media equipment is loaned at the user's risk. IT Services does not guarantee results and assumes no liability of any kind for video or audio tapes, 35mm film, or processing costs. IT Services will not be responsible for batteries, film, slides, video or audio tapes, or personal property left inside equipment or cases.