ITS offers a high-availability, high-capacity, enterprise-level server virtualization environment for use by all members of the ISU community. Virtualization partitions a physical server into multiple "logical" servers (virtual machines, or VMs) that share resources efficiently and effectively.
Server virtualization provides high-performance systems with:
- Lower power and cooling costs
- Simplified administration and networking
- Advanced disaster recovery capabilities
- Fast recovery during software upgrades
- Ability to clone or copy virtual machines quickly and easily
- Secure remote management of virtual machines
- Guest operating systems must be Windows, Linux, or another OS supported by VMware. 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems are supported.
- Fill out the VM Request.
2 vCPU, 2 GB memory, 36 GB disk
|Enterprise x2 |
4 vCPU, 4 GB memory, 72 GB disk
|Additional Enterprise RAM |
1 GB memory
|Dedicated Blade (48 GB RAM) |
8 vCPU, 48 GB memory, No disk provided
|Dedicated Blade (96 GB RAM) |
8 vCPU, 96 GB memory, No disk provided