MATLAB Installation Instructions
MATLAB installation instructions for Windows and Mac.
1. Create a MathWorks Account
- Go to the MathWorks Website
- Enter your Iowa State e-mail address (e.g., netID@iastate.edu)
Note: you will not be able to download the software using a non-Iowa State e-mail
- Under Country/Region: select 'United States'
- Under How will you use MathWorks software, select 'Academic use (including campus/site license use)'
- Under Are you at least 13 years or older, select 'Yes'
- Click 'Create'
2. Verify Your E-mail Address
- You will receive an e-mail from MathWorks
Note: This may take up to 15 minutes after creating your account
- Click 'Verify your email' to complete the registration process
3. Complete Your Profile and Activation Key
- Fill in the fields with your personal information
- Enter the activation key or license number: 40466-48753-98754-93013-88763
- Click 'Create'
4. Download MATLAB
- Go to your MathWorks Account page, if not automatically directed
- Click 'Download Products'
- On the Downloads page, choose the latest version of MATLAB
- Choose your platform/OS
- MATLAB will start downloading
After the download has completed:
- Double-click the MATLAB file to start the MathWorks installer
- On the MathWorks Install screen, elect 'Log in with a MathWorks Account' then click 'Next'
- On the License Agreement screen, click Yes' to accept the terms of the license agreement then click 'Next'
- On the Log In screen, enter your Iowa State e-mail and MathWorks account password then click 'Next'
- On the License Selection screen, select 'Select a license' and '1082052' then click 'Next'
- On the Folder Selection screen, leave the default folder selected then click 'Next'
- On the Product Selection screen, leave the pre-checked items selected then click 'Next'
- On the Installation Options screen, check 'Programs folder on the Start menu' (check 'Desktop' if you want a desktop shortcut) then click 'Next'
- On the Confirmation screen, click 'Install'
- MATLAB takes several minutes to install
- On the Product Configuration screen, click 'Next'
- On the Installation Complete screen, make sure 'Activate MATLAB' is checked then click 'Next'
After installation, software activation immediately follows.
- On the MathWorks Software Activation, click 'Next'
- On the User Name screen, set the Username as the user name you use to log in to your computer then click 'Next'
- On the Confirmation screen, verify your user name is the one you use to log in to your computer and the Activated By is your Iowa State e-mail then click 'Confirm'
- If activation is successful, on the Finish screen, click 'Finish'
- Restart your computer, if prompted