Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP)
Iowa State University faculty and staff are eligible to participate in the Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP). (ISU also offers Office 365 ProPlus to faculty and staff, free for their personal use. This may be a more flexible solution for most users.)
- Iowa State faculty and staff are eligible for this program. Students are not eligible for this program.
- The software may be used at home for personal use.
- Employees may continue using HUP software while employed by Iowa State University and as long as the corresponding software used at work has active Software Assurance coverage.
- Software is downloaded from the web; optional media is available for an additional charge.
- A key code is required to access the software.
- Microsoft Office Enterprise 2013 (Windows), Office 2011 (Mac), and language packs are available.
- Payment is by credit card, online transactions only.
- The program only allows a user to purchase either the Windows or Mac version of Office, but not both. The software version purchased can be installed on two (2) computers, either two (2) PCs or two (2) Macs, specific to the software that was purchased.
Questions before purchasing should be directed to . After purchasing, direct questions to Digital River on the Microsoft HUP website or by telephone at 1-877-237-3165; assistance with reinstallation of software/reactivated download link, 1-877-696-7786; technical support, 1-800-936-4900.
To order Microsoft Office through the HUP option, follow these steps:
- Request program code
- Using the program code, you will place your order on the Microsoft HUP site at http://www.microsofthup.com/.
- On the website, select your country/region location using the pulldown menu.
- When the online form appears, enter your Iowa State email address (yourNetID@iastate.edu) and the ISU program code. Click the "Submit" button.
- You will receive an email from Microsoft after they have verified your eligibility. It may take several minutes before you receive the verification email from Microsoft.
- To place your order, click on the "Buy Now" link in the email you receive, add the items you wish to purchase to your cart, and select Begin Checkout.
- On the checkout screen, enter your billing address and credit card information.
- Select Continue and follow the prompts to complete your purchase and download your software.