ITS offers file storage services for all ranges of storage needs including large research data sets, departmental files, file backups, and personal home directories for students, faculty, and staff.
To accomodate all of these needs, ITS offers several storage services:
CyBox (Cloud Storage)
CyBox is Iowa State's implementation of Box.com cloud storage. CyBox provides storage and collaborative tools for sharing files within and external to Iowa State. CyBox includes an unlimited quota of cloud-based file storage and sharing for all faculty, staff, and students with a valid Iowa State Net-ID.More about CyBox Log In to CyBox
CyPoint is Iowa State's implementation of Microsoft SharePoint. CyPoint provides a secure, web-based platform for collaboration, document management, and business process (workflow and forms).
CyPoint requires a modern Web browser, and there is no charge for the first 20 GB.
To get started, contact .More about CyPoint Log In to CyPoint
Other Storage Options
ITS provides other storage solutions, including:
CyFiles is a storage service for students, faculty, and staff to save their files or roaming profiles to a backed-up location on campus. All ISU users with a Net-ID are automatically provided with a default CyFiles space of 5 GB/user. Additional space can be purchased via ASW. Click this box for more information about accessing and using CyFiles.
MyFiles is the storage service for faculty and staff to store files that need to be accessed by a department or group. Click this box for more information about accessing and using MyFiles.
ResearchFiles is the storage service for faculty and staff to store files that need to be accessed by a group for the intent of research. Click this box for more information about accessing and using ResearchFiles.
Software is the storage service for faculty and staff to store licensed software for group or campus-wide distribution. Click this box for more information about accessing and using Software Storage.
ISU users with a valid Net-ID are provided with 1GB of storage space on the Andrew File System (AFS). The space is used for storing and sharing files and folders, and can be used for housing users' yournetid.public.iastate.edu websites. Click this box for more information about accessing and using AFS.
WebScratch is a service available on ASW that allows temporary placement of files on a web server where other parties using a web browser can download them, rather than receiving the files as large email attachments. Click this box for more information about accessing and using WebScratch.
ITS file storage services include:
- Availability on or off campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Off campus access currently requires use of the VPN (CyFiles/MyFiles/ResearchFiles).
- Ability to request additional storage (CyFiles/MyFiles/ResearchFiles) as needed, or from the Solution Center (CyBox/CyPoint).
- Billing based on space used after initial allotment.
- Ability to set permissions yourself (CyBox/CyPoint/CyFiles) or by a designated admin (MyFiles/ResearchFiles).
- Backup checkpoints. Hourly, daily, and weekly point-in-time, recoverable, copies of files. 23 total for CyFiles and 31 total for MyFiles/ResearchFiles
- Versioning. (CyBox/CyPoint)
ITS storage services require:
- ISU Net-ID
- Fund Account Number (MyFiles/ResearchFiles only)
|CyBox||No Charge |
/50GB (faculty and staff)
|CyPoint||No Charge |
|/first 20GB |
/GB/month over 20GB
|CyFiles||No Charge |
|/first 5GB |
/GB/month over 5GB
|MyFiles||No Charge |
|/first 1TB * |
/GB/month over 1TB
* Each of the seven colleges is allocated the first 1TB of MyFiles storage at no charge. All other units, and storage for colleges over 1TB, are charged at the $0.10/GB/month rate.