Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Iowa State’s virtual private network (VPN) provides remote access to campus network services from any computer, on or off campus, and offers safe, secure sign in to the university's network.
Accessing Iowa State's VPN on your Computer
First time user:
- Go to the VPN Login page and install AnyConnect VPN Client
- Set the Group field to SSLvpn and sign in with your Net-ID and password
- If prompted with a warning about ActiveX controls, select allow
- Follow the prompts as the VPN server checks your browser and system, and installs the VPN on your computer
- If prompted with a warning about an applet from ‘vpn2.tele.iastate.edu’, select Run, Allow, or Trust
- When the installation is complete you will be connected to the VPN service
If you have already installed the AnyConnect Client on your computer, you can access Iowa State’s VPN by opening the client and entering your Net-ID and password. Always set the group field to SSLvpn.
Accessing Iowa State's VPN on your Mobile Device
- Install Cisco AnyConnect client from your device’s app store
- Add a VPN connection using the server address: vpn.iastate.edu
- Sign in with your Net-ID and password