Web Development (WebDev) Services
Iowa State IT Web Development Services (WebDev) offers a variety of services to augment, develop, manage, and maintain web material. These services are available to all departments and units at Iowa State University. Custom services are available.
Virtual Web Hosting
Virtual web hosting service gives you the benefits of having a web server, without the challenges of maintaining a machine.
- Concise web address
- Hourly detailed site statistics
- Inclusion in Iowa State's Google Search Appliance
- LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) development environment
- Nightly backups
To request a new virtual web host:
Contact WebDev at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-294-6654.
You provide content, and WebDev maintains the website. This option gives a consistent and continuous level of service not easily available using "extra-duty" staff or student employees. By combining resources, WebDev can provide web authors with tools, equipment, and training that are generally cost-prohibitive for individual departments.
- Everything included in the virtual web hosting service
- Installed and maintained Drupal CMS (Content Management System)
- Maintain your website menus and content without code
- Edit content in a Word-like WYSIWYG editor
- Upload and manage website assets/files
- Preconfigured with the latest IASTATE Theme
|Service||Cost / Unit|
|Virtual Web Hosting||$45 / month|
|Managed Website||$70 / month|