Computer Repair Center
The Computer Repair Center helps Iowa State students, faculty, staff, and departments with a variety of computer hardware problems.
|Fall and Spring Semesters||Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.*|
|Summer Semester||Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.*|
*Closed for university holidays.
Iowa State IT Computer Repair Service can help you with:
- Hardware repair
- Evaluate, recommend, and install cards and drives into supported brands
- Provide computer data recovery for most computers and storage devices
For individual customers:
Bring your equipment to 74 Durham Center.
For departmental clients (choose one):
- Bring the university-owned equipment to 74 Durham Center
- Request pickup using the Computer Service Pickup Request
- Request an on-site visit (for an additional fee)
If you want Computer Repair Service to perform a personal repair, any charges can be billed to your U-Bill or charged to a MasterCard or Visa credit card. Departmental repairs can be charged to a university account or an Iowa State Purchasing Card (PCard).
|Warranty Problem Diagnosis||Variable*|
|Peripheral Device Installation||$39.00/device**|
|Pickup/Delivery Service (university-owned equipment)||No charge|
|On-Site Service||$52.00/hour (3/4-hour minimum)|
*Cost depends on computer and warranty coverage. For machines under warranty, a standard labor rate of $52.00 applies when not covered by vendor.
** Does not include cost of parts
***Proof of ownership required and computer must be in good working order