How to access ISU technology resources from off-campus
Most Iowa State University resources are easily accessible remotely with just an internet connection, but may require some setup. If you have questions or issues, submit a ticket to the IT Solution Center or call 515-294-4000.
Remote Work Checklist
- Contact your supervisor regarding remote work.
- Check that you have access to secure and reliable internet. Internet access is a prerequisite of successfully working remotely. Speak with your supervisor if your internet options are limited.
- Download and install any necessary software. Reach out to your local IT or the IT Solution Center if you have questions or need assistance. Learn what is available by searching the ISU Service Portal.
- Update your physical phone with a softphone using these instructions.
- Use videoconferencing tools to conduct team meetings.
- Back up your files and use CyBox or Microsoft OneDrive for remote access.
- If you need to access services that require the Iowa State VPN, download and install the Cisco Secure Client software. Consult your local IT staff to determine whether your applications require VPN access.