How to access ISU technology resources from off-campus
Most Iowa State University resources are easily accessible remotely with just an internet connection, but may require some setup. If you have questions or issues, submit a ticket to the IT Solution Center or call 515-294-4000.
Remote Work Checklist
- Contact your supervisor regarding remote work. Reference the Employee FAQ for the latest updates and resources available to faculty, staff and students.
- Download and install any necessary software. Reach out to your local IT if you have questions or need assistance. Learn what is available by searching the IT Portal.
- Update your physical phone with a softphone using these instructions.
- Use videoconferencing tools to conduct team meetings.
- Back up your files and use CyBox for remote access.
- If you plan to use your personal computer to work remotely, be sure you know how to access your email or other messaging tools.
- If you need to access services that require the Iowa State VPN, download and install the Cisco AnyConnect software. Consult your local IT staff to determine whether your applications require VPN access.
- Download and Installation
- Use Best Practices
- Join a Meeting
- Host a Meeting with Webex Web App
- Launch Web App
- Host a Meeting with Webex Desktop App
- Enable Webex Functionality (Plug-In) in Outlook
- Create Meeting Templates
- Turn Off Transcription
- Delegate Scheduling Rights to Others
- Schedule Webex Meetings as a Delegate
Internet access is a prerequisite of successfully working remotely. Speak with your supervisor if your internet options are limited.