Join the Information Technology Services Team
Information Technology Services employs full-time professionals and part-time students in a variety of positions across 20+ teams, from network engineers to systems analysts, web developers to staff who provide direct customer support. Working for ITS, you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment, learning best practices in supported technologies, and most importantly, helping the Iowa State community succeed.
Current Full-time Openings
Click on the job title to view the job description and to apply on the Iowa State University jobs portal.
Student employment with ITS falls into multiple categories including software development, physical infrastrucure and customer success. These categories are comprised of multiple jobs that have similar functions. By submitting an application, you’ll be considered for all available jobs in all categories. Please note that not all jobs are hiring at all times.
Team members will gain valuable experience working with the many different systems implemented by Iowa State. Customer service and technical skills are a plus in these roles. ITS offers on-campus work locations and flexible work schedules to accomodate your class schedule.
There are several different teams and some or all are hiring at any given time:
- Solution Center: first tier IT support for the entire university
- NetCom: all network communication systems for faculty and staff
- Audiovisual Experience: classroom support for all technical systems
- Endpoint Technologies: software and hardware technical support for faculty and staff on site
The physical infrastructure team employs students on real-life, high-impact construction and electrical engineering projects including campus capital projects (new buildings and remodels), large IT projects (rewiring sections of campus, upgrading IT closets), and daily service and support work.
This is a great opportunity for construction or civil engineering students to get hands-on experience with:
- multi-million-dollar projects that improve Iowa State University
- electrical (low voltage) and communications cabling design
- IT project management
- learning how to design, build, support, maintain, and sustain a 10,000 square foot enterprise server room in the campus data center
Students will learn key skills and context needed to work in the many global data centers in Iowa and around the world.
Student Application Developers work as part of modern agile teams, tackling projects both big and small. You'll gain real-world coding experience, solve complex problems and build upon your skill set while positively impacting the university. We count on the skills, dependability, and self-motivation of both our full-time and part-time staff to meet the needs of our university’s faculty, staff, students, and clients. Our different teams each focus on one or more of the following technologies:
- Java, Spring Framework, JUnit, Thymeleaf, JSP
- PHP, MySQL, Zend Framework
- C#, .NET Framework, Visual Studio
- Android Java, Android Studio (IntelliJ), Android SDK
- iOS Programming, Objective C, Swift, Xcode, iOS SDK
On many of these teams, we have opportunities for systems analysis, database design, software development, quality assurance, project management, and more.
The WorkCyte Phase II: Student Information and Receivables project seeks undergraduate students with a self-starter attitude to join our team as a WorkCyte Associate assisting our project team with various implementation tasks. As a student employee of the WorkCyte team, you will receive experience implementing Workday's cutting-edge cloud technology platform. We have a variety of opportunities available to fit your interest and career goals.
- Business operations: assist our business teams with process design, process documentation, configuration, prototyping, testing, and deployment.
- Project and change management: help our team stay on schedule and budget, prepare the campus for change by creating knowledge articles, training, and communications.
- Technical: help our technical team with conversion, developing integrations, report writing, or security.