Join the Information Technology Services Team
Information Technology Services currently employs approximately 150 full-time staff and 100 part-time students in a variety of positions, from network engineers to systems analysts, web developers to staff who provide direct customer support. Working for ITS, you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment, learning best practices in supported technologies, and most importantly, serving others in the Iowa State community.
Current Full-time Openings
Click on the job title to view the job description and to apply on the Iowa State University jobs portal.
There are currently no open full-time positions
Student employment with ITS falls into multiple categories including software development, physical infrastrucure customer success. These categories are comprised of multiple jobs that have similar functions. By submitting an application, you’ll be considered for all available jobs in all categories. Please note that not all jobs are hiring at all times.
Information Technology Services at Iowa State University is searching for qualified candidates to work for the IT department. You will gain valuable experience working with the many different systems implemented by ISU. Flexibility to work around your class schedule and on-campus work locations.
There are several different teams and some or all are hiring at any given time:
- Solution Center: first tier IT support for the entire university
- NetCom: all network communication systems for faculty and staff
- Audiovisual Experience: classroom support for all technical systems
- Endpoint Technologies: software and hardware technical support for faculty and staff on site
Interested in a real-world coding experience? Enjoy challenges and solving complex problems? Looking to build upon your skill set while having fun, earning good money, and positively impacting the university? Apply to become an Application Developer at Iowa State University!
As a part-time Application Developers, you'll help develop and support software for the university. Our employees work as part of modern agile teams, tackling projects both big and small. We count on the skills, dependability, and self-motivation of both our full-time and part-time staff to meet the needs of our university’s faculty, staff, students, and clients. Our different teams each focus on one or more of the following technologies:
- Java, Spring Framework, JUnit, Thymeleaf, JSP
- PHP, MySQL, Zend Framework
- C#, .NET Framework, Visual Studio
- Android Java, Android Studio (IntelliJ), Android SDK
- iOS Programming, Objective C, Swift, Xcode, iOS SDK
On many of these teams, we have opportunities for systems analysis, database design, software development, quality assurance, project management, and more.
IT Services Physical Infrastructure team employs ISU students on real life, high impact construction and electrical engineering projects including campus capital projects (new buildings & remodels), large IT projects (rewiring sections of campus, upgrading IT closets), and daily service and support work.
This is a great opportunity for construction or civil engineering students to get hands-on experience with:
- multi-million-dollar projects that improve Iowa State University
- electrical (low voltage) and communications cabling design
- IT project management
- students can also work in the campus data center learning how to design, build, support, maintain, and sustain a 10,000 square foot enterprise server room
This is a great opportunity to learn key skills and context needed to work in the many global data centers in Des Moines and around the world.