Eduroam network at Iowa State University
For connecting laptops, tablets or phones to Wi-Fi, connect to the network called eduroam (pronounced edu-roam). Eduroam provides a fast, secure, and reliable wireless network that can be used in all academic buildings, residence halls and areas on campus. Students and staff connect to this secure Wi-Fi using their Iowa State email address and password.
Did you know? Eduroam is an international wireless network, meaning it is available at universities across the United States and other countries. When Iowa State students, faculty and staff visit other universities that use eduroam, their device will automatically be connected to Wi-Fi. View the list of participating eduroam campuses here.
- Other Iowa universities that use eduroam include: Drake University, University of Northern Iowa, University of Iowa.
- Other regional university that use eduroam include: University of Kansas, Kansas State University, University of Wisconsin, University of Minnesota, Marquette University, Northern Illinois University, Loyola University-Chicago, Northwestern University and more.
- Be on the Iowa State campus, turn on your device and search for available networks.
- Select eduroam from the available wireless networks on your device. Or enter eduroam as the network name.
NOTE: In some cases, it may be necessary to "forget" or disconnect from other wireless networks.
- On the login screen, enter your full Iowa State email address (Net-ID@iastate.edu) and password.
- Select Connect.
- Trust the certificate, if prompted.
- If you are unable to connect, check the Iowa State StatusHub page to see if there is an internet issue or planned maintenance.
When entering your credentials, only use “Net-ID@iastate.edu." Other variations such as Net-ID@cs.iastate.edu will not work.
If required by your device or operating system, select or enter any of the following information:
- Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption type: AES
- EAP method: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
- CA Certificate: Use system certificates
- Domain: iastate.edu
- Username / identity: Enter your Net-ID, followed by @iastate.edu*
- Anonymous identity: @iastate.edu or leave blank
- Password: your Net-ID password